L.I: how to calculate cubes and cube roots of a number.

A cube number is the product of three identical numbers. It also has the exponent digit of 3. An exponent shows how many times that number has to be multiplied by itself. Because the exponent on cube numbers are 3, it means you multiply the number by itself 3 times. For example, 4 with an exponent of 3 is also the same as 4 x 4 x 4, which is 64. Another example, 5 to the power of 3 is 125. Because 5 x 5 x 5 equals 125.

A cube root is a factor of a number, that when multiplied by itself 3 times, equals the number. The symbol used in square roots and cube roots, is called a radical symbol. To know the difference between square roots and cube roots, there should be a small 3 to the left of cube roots. For example, “find the cube root of 125”. You need to find which factor of 125 when multiplied by itself 3 times equals 125. The answer would be 5 because 5 is a factor of 125 and when multiplied by itself 3 times equals 125.

I enjoyed this because I learnt what cube numbers and roots are, and how to identify them.